Tags: bones, certain, cracking, diseases, drugs, fms, health, hyper-mobility, joints, known, medications, muscles, totally, yrs

Hyper-mobility and FMS? Bones cracking alot..

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Muscles & Bones/Joints Diseases

6,033 words with 6 Comments; publish: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:45:00 GMT; (90093.75, « »)

I was wondering if anyone had their bones cracking alot at certain times. I totally have FMS and have known it for 3 yrs now, I am now 29.

I am also the daughter of a Chiropractor and he worked on me too young and often and now I think there is a connection with my pain and the constant bone cracking from the Hyper-Mobility also called HMS. There have been some sites up mentioning this, and it's pretty spooky. Please let me know what you think, as I am going into the Hospital tomorrow eve.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 6 Comments
    • {{{{ mad katter }}}}}

a lot of people who have fibro are hyper flexive!!! I am .. i didnt find out that it was a problem until i had knee surgury and was going thru physical therapy. the therapist couldnt believe my range of motion after just having the surgury. I also read about it in Dr Devlin Starlnyl (sp?) her book is considered the blue bible of fibro.. it is called Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome. It is a wonderful book!!! I only went a chiropracter for a short time with a sciatic nerve problem. All of my joints -- bones -- creak and crack!!! I can also pop my hip in and out of place!!! sometimes if a joint is reallt hurting I can pop it and it releaves the pain for a bit. I also went for years with what my rheumy and I thought was a fibro spot from my neck to my right shoulder and at times into my arm. What it really was is DDD ( degenerative Disc Disease) and cervical radiculopathy.. i have nerve damage down my right arm past my elbow! So dont assume that something is a fibro "spot" always check it out thoroughly!!!:dizzy: better to be safe than sorry!!!!

Let us know how you are doing!!!!

#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:59:00 GMT
    • IndySasha,

I'm curious, what tests did you have done to get the DDD & cervical radiculopathy dx? MRI? Contrast or no? Or what?

And the biggie: how do they treat your condition? Surgery? Meds? Effective?

Thanks for your reply.

#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:00:00 GMT
    • I'd also like to add that I took my MRI's with contrast to a Rhuematologist and everyone nearly everyone said there we're no abnormaities they could see. But I know, that I can pop nearly everything in the viscinity that is hurting. I just can't remember if the popping was b/c of my menses, or because of the weather change? Not sure. But my Dad, adjusted me as a child alot, I was having reservations about going to the hospital tonight, But I dunno yet I would love to hear some more replies! I'm all alone in this, I can't believe that I'm very marooned up here in the Windy City. I hope I make it thru Winter. :(

I *will* look up DDD for sure. I had some tingling in my arms and things and I'm having spasms all over the place. But most of my pain radiates from my problem areas of my spine. But I can only get so many adjustments! I get atleast 2 a month with accupuncture... Thanks for the hug! Appreciate that!

;)

#3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:01:00 GMT
    • {{{{{{ Mad Katter }}}}}}

I had a head CT scan done. I dont do contrast ( i am allergic to the dye)

I had a cervicel epidural done once, it really helped:cool: Currently I am seeing a neurologist because I had a seizure on Sept 5.. had a EEG a week ago and on the 24th I am having a LP ( lumbar Puncture/Spinal Tap)

also waiting for them to schedule a MRA { like a MRI except no contrast and it is of the arterys in my neck) they are thinking the arthritis in my neck may have built up and is pushing against the arterys in my neck..? who knows

please keep me informed!!!:blob_fire

#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:02:00 GMT
    • I am so glad I came across this website as I now feel I am not alone. I also have been diagnosed with HMS and Fibromyalgia although sometimes I think that it's just a smokescreen as they don't know the real cause to the cracking and popping of joints. I've had all the MRI, CT, x-rays, lumber puncture, blood tests the doctors could give me and all were clear apart from them finding I was low on Vitamin B12 so I've been getting injections every 3 months but now they say my levels are too high - can't win. I've been off work now for 8 weeks as I can hardly stand, my body has went into shut down, I think all the cracking and popping has taken it's toll, my neck is the worst, I feel like I'm choking all the time as it feels like the bones in my neck are pusing against my windpipe and I keep cracking it to try and fix it but it's so sore. My arms and legs have been going numb lately and I'm really scared that I will never get back to some kind of normallity. I've now been told I need to go for a colonoscopy (do you know anyone who has had 1 as I'm a bit nervous?) to find out if I have chron's disease as they say the bowels, bone problems and skin problems are all connected in some way and they think it may be that. Maybe you should read up about it as you never know.........Kris.
      #5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:03:00 GMT
    • Please know that you're not alone. I've seen my 25 year old son go through this same frustration. I've watched Doc's. belittle him, doubt him, put him down, accuse him of being a drug seeker, the list goes on........and so do his symptoms. We're all in this together so don't feel alone. One good move I made was getting him to a pain management physician and sending him to a health science university for diagnosis. It was the first time a new doc didn't say "this looks like nothing more than depression" and "come back in a few weeks if you're not better (after two years of repeated visits with the same outcome). There's been a lot of tears and heartbreak but things do get better when we empower ourselves. Please don't give up on finding better and HUMANE treatment for yourself. Lots of research is being done and we're all waiting for something better. Having a doc that listens and stays on top of the wave is going to be key for all of us. I wish you the best and admire the courage you have going through this day after day. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Paintrain's mom